POLKA is a type of music that has influences of dance music that is popularized by Central Europeans. Polka is a popular folk music in Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Italy, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia and Slovakia. Local varieties of this dance are also found in the Nordic countries, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Latin America (very much so in Mexico), and in the United States.
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Worlds Polka Network The world's first 24/7 Polka Streamer.
- Polka Jammer Network Internet radio station featuring many LIVE & taped shows.
- National Cleveland-Style Polka Hall of Fame.
- WRJQ Radio Internet radio station with a WIDE variety of polka music.
- International Polka Association and Hall of Fame.
- Mùsica tradiciounella dòu Peïs nissart. (in Occitan, also available in French & English)
- Polka America Corporation.
- Wisconsin Polka Music.
- The Queensland sugar-cane polka (music cover) by Edward Leadbeater digitised and held by State Library of Queensland, Australia.
- A Polka Fan's Website Stella's website to carry on the Polish Music Tradition.
- WMUH streaming radio Biweekly polka on Kovatch's Korner, 10am-12pm Eastern.