Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria
Pope Shenouda III
|Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of All Africa on the Holy Apostolic See of St. Mark the Evangelist of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria|
Pope Shenouda III
|Church||Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria|
|Papacy began||14 November 1971|
|Papacy ended||17 March 2012|
|Consecration||30 September 1962|
|Birth name||Nazir Gayed Roufail|
نظير جيد روفائيل
|Born||3 August 1923|
Abnub, Asyut Governorate, Egypt
|Died||17 March 2012 (aged 88)|
|Buried||Monastery of Saint Pishoy, Scetes, Egypt|
|Denomination||Coptic Orthodox Christian|
|Residence||Coptic Orthodox Patriarchal Residence|
|This article contains Coptic and Arabic text. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols.|
Pope Shenouda III (3 August 1923 – 17 March 2012) was the 117th Pope of Alexandria & Patriarch of the See of St. Mark. His papacy lasted for forty years, four months, and four days from 14 November 1971 until his death on 17 March 2012.
References[change | change source]
- "Pope of Egypt's Coptic Christian Church dies". USA Today. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt's Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies". BBC. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Egypt Coptic Christian Pope Shenouda III dies: adviser | Top News | Reuters". Af.reuters.com. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website Archived 2018-03-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Pope Shenouda III – Coptic Orthodox Church Network: Biography, Online Books, and Audio Sermons
- Some Articles by Pope Shenouda III in English
- More information about the life of Pope Shenouda III – from Saint Takla Haymanout the Ethiopian Church, Alexandria, Egypt
- Common declaration of Pope Shenouda III and Pope Paul VI (1973)
- Pope Shenouda III's story and life in Arabic and English Archived 2009-05-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Pope Shenouda III's Life (in French)