Postal codes in Azerbaijan
The four-digit postcode shows the nationwide format AZ NNNN. The first two digits show the regions of Azerbaijan in accordance with the modern administrative divisions, including the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic and occupied Nagorno-Karabakh.
From 1970 until 1991, when Azerbaijan was part of the Soviet Union as the Azerbaijan SSR, the entire territory of the Soviet Union used the six-digit postcode 37NNNN. After gaining independence, Azerbaijan switched to the current four-digit postcode.
Related pages[change | change source]
- Azərpoçt – the national postal service of Azerbaijan
- Postal code
- Telephone numbers in Azerbaijan
- ISO 3166-2:AZ
- Administrative divisions of Azerbaijan
References[change | change source]
- In areas controlled by the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, the postal codes are technically out of use and there is no the delivery of mail between Nagorno-Karabakh and the rest of Azerbaijan.
- "Почта России призывает писать индекс правильно". Новости компании (in Russian). Почта России. 2009-11-10. Archived from the original on 2012-02-18. Retrieved 2010-08-23.