Santa Maria, Bulacan
Santa Maria de Pandi
Chicharrón capital of the Philippines
Santa Maria sa pag-unlad, Kasama Ka!
(Santa Maria Progresses with You!)
Bayan Kong Mahal
(My Beloved Town)
Map of Bulacan showing the location of Santa Maria
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
(as a barrio of Bocaue)
|Established||July 4, 1699**|
(as Santa Maria de Pandi Estate)
(as an independent town)
|• Mayor||Bartolome R. Ramos (NUP)|
|• Vice Mayor||Rico Jude P. Sto. Domingo (NUP)|
|• Total||90.925 km2 (35.106 sq mi)|
|• Land||89.88 km2 (34.70 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.04 km2 (0.40 sq mi) 1.15%|
|Highest elevation||101 m (331 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||6th of 1,491 municipalities|
|• Density||2,401.44/km2 (6,219.7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
Santa Maria is a municipality (town) in the province of Bulacan, Philippines. It lies 32 kilometers northeast of Manila and is located at the eastern portion of the province. It is surrounded by the towns of Angat and Pandi in the north; by San Jose del Monte City in the south; by Norzagaray in the east; and by Marilao and Bocaue in the west.
According to the 2007 Philippine national census (a total count of the country's population), it has 205,258 people.
It is divided into 24 barangays (villages). These barangays are:
- Mag-asawang Sapa
- Mahabang Parang
- Poblacion (Santa Maria town proper)
- Pulong Buhangin
- San Gabriel
- San Jose Patag
- San Vicente
- Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz
- Tabing Bakod (Santo Tomas)
Sources[change | change source]
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Province: BULACAN". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Maria, Bulacan.|