Sarona was built in 1871. It was located northeast of Jaffa. Now, the land the former colony is in the center of Tel Aviv. Many people in the Templar communities became Nazi sympathisers before and after World War II. By 1948 authorities of the British Mandate had expelled them.
Today, the place has been renovated and renewed as a "shopping village, subtracting and entertainment."
References[change | change source]
- The Mounted Riflemen in Sinai and Palestine: The Story of New Zealand's Crusaders, Chapter XI
- "Sarona German Colony, Tel Aviv-Yafo". VirtualTourist.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- The new lifestyle hub at the heart of Tel Aviv
- The end of the Sarona saga
- Sarona Market Archived 2017-10-20 at the Wayback Machine