Shunzhi Emperor (Chinese: 清世祖, 顺治皇帝; 1638 - 1661 ) was emperor of Qing Dynasty. His surname was Aisin Gioro. Shunzhi Emperor was the ninth son of Huang Taiji and he reigned over China from 1644 to 1661. During his short reign, he implemented plenty of policies. He appointed Han Chinese to be the imperial officials. Also, he put the Upper 3 banners (Plain Yellow, Striped Yellow, and Plain White) under the control of the emperor. Moreover, Shunzhi Emperor let eunuchs participate in government activities.
Life[change | change source]
- In 1643, Shunzhi Emperor is 6 and he inherits Huang Taiji's throne. Prince Dorgon becomes the regent.
- In 1644, the Manchu armies conquer the north of China. The capital is changed to Beijing.
- In 1650,Prince Dorgon dies. Shunzhi Emperor gets actual power.
- From 1651 to 1661, Shunzhi Emperor deals with government affairs patiently. In order to unify the country, he also sends armies to invade the south of China.
- In 1661, the Emperor dies of smallpox.