صبغت الله مجددی
Mojaddedi in September 2014
|President of Afghanistan|
28 April 1992 – 28 June 1992
|Prime Minister||Abdul Sabur Farid Kuhestani|
|Preceded by||Abdul Rahim Hatef (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Burhanuddin Rabbani|
|Born||21 April 1925|
|Died||11 February 2019 (aged 93)|
|Political party||Afghan National Liberation Front|
Sibghatullah Mojaddedi (Pashto: صبغت الله مجددی, 21 April 1925 – 11 February 2019) was a Afghan politician. He served as Interim President after the fall of Mohammad Najibullah's government in April 1992. He was also the founder of the Afghan National Liberation Front.
He served as the chairman of the 2003 loya jirga that approved Afghanistan's new constitution. In 2005 he was appointed chairman of the Meshrano Jirga, upper house of the National Assembly of Afghanistan. He was reappointed as a member in 2011. He also served on the Afghan High Peace Council.
References[change | change source]
- "سوانع مختصر پروفیسور حضرت صبغت الله مجددی ریس دولت اسلامی افغانستان / نگارنده شاآغا صدیق مجددی". [کابل] : انجمن فرهنگی ومطبوعاتی جبهه ملی نجات افغانستان، [1375؟]. 11 February 1979 – via Internet Archive.
- "Former Afghan President Sibghatullah Mojaddedi dies". 11 February 2019.
- "Former Interim President Sibghatullah Mujaddedi Passes Away". TOLOnews. 12 February 2019. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Sibghatullah Mojaddedi at Wikimedia Commons
- Biography of Sibghatullah Mojaddedi Archived 2013-10-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Afghanistan National Independent Peace and Reconciliation Commission Archived 2009-08-26 at the Wayback Machine