South Dakota State University
|Endowment||$121.9 million (2017)|
|Budget||$323 million (2016)|
|President||Barry H. Dunn|
|Campus||261 acres (106 ha)|
|Colors||Blue and Yellow|
|Athletics||NCAA Division I|
Big 12 Conference
South Dakota State University is a public university in Brookings, South Dakota. The university has about 12,816 students. It was founded in 1881. The current president of the university is David Chicoine.
Sports[change | change source]
The athletics teams of the university are called the Jackrabbits. They have 19 varsity teams, most of which compete in The Summit League. The football team plays in the Missouri Valley Football Conference.
Sources[change | change source]
- "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2016 Market Value of Endow" (PDF). NACUBO.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-02-15. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "SDSU Facts 2016-2017". Archived from the original on 2016-04-13. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "University Colors". South Dakota State University.
Other websites[change | change source]
- South Dakota State University's Official website
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits' Official athletics website