Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steubenville has a nickname. It is the "City of Murals". There are over 25 different murals around the city. Franciscan University of Steubenville and Eastern Gateway Community College are located in the city.
Famous people from Steubenville[change | change source]
- Dean Martin (1917-1995) - singer and actor
- Albert Newsam (1809-1864) - artist
- Edwin M. Stanton (1814-1869) - United States Attorney General
- Traci Lords (born 1968) - actress
- Richard Timberlake (1922-2020) - economist
- Big Bully Busick (1954-2018) - professional wrestler
References[change | change source]
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Steubenville, Ohio; United States Geological Survey (USGS); July 12, 1979.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-01-06. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Historic Fort Steuben".
- City of Steubenville
- "About Eastern Gateway". Eastern Gateway Community College.
- "Pennsylvania Institution for the Deaf and Dumb". The Library Company of Philadelphia. World Digital Library. Retrieved 2 January 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Edwin M. Stanton (1814–1869)". The Lincoln Institute. Retrieved December 18, 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)