Provinces governed by the Tahirids
|Status||Nominally part of the Abbasid Caliphate|
|Capital||Merv, later Nishapur|
|Common languages||Persian (court, informal)|
|Tahir ibn Husayn|
|800 est.||1,000,000 km2 (390,000 sq mi)|
The Tahirid dynasty (Persian: سلسله طاهریان) was a Persian dynasty that ruled the Abbasid province of Khorasan from 821 to 873. It also ruled the city of Baghdad from 820 until 891. The capital in Khorasan was first located at Merv. Later it moved to Nishapur.
References[change | change source]
- Hovannisian & Sabagh 1998, p. 96. sfn error: no target: CITEREFHovannisianSabagh1998 (help)
- Canfield 1991, p. 6. sfn error: no target: CITEREFCanfield1991 (help)
- Peacock 2007, p. 35. sfn error: no target: CITEREFPeacock2007 (help)
- Blair 2003, p. 340. sfn error: no target: CITEREFBlair2003 (help)
- Taagepera 1997, p. 475-504. sfn error: no target: CITEREFTaagepera1997 (help)
- Bosworth, "The Tahirids and Saffarids," p. 91.