The Word (song)
|Song by the Beatles|
|from the album Rubber Soul|
|Released||3 December 1965|
|Recorded||10 November 1965|
|Genre||Rock, rhythm and blues|
"The Word" is a song by English rock band the Beatles. It was first released on the band's 1965 album Rubber Soul. It was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Lennon said they had written it after smoking cannabis and that it was mainly his idea.
Personnel[change | change source]
- John Lennon – lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar
- Paul McCartney – harmony vocal, bass, piano
- George Harrison – harmony vocal, lead guitar
- Ringo Starr – drums, maracas
- George Martin – harmonium solo
References[change | change source]
- Hamelman, Steven L. (2004). But Is It Garbage?: On Rock and Trash. University of Georgia Press. p. 11.
- Young, Alex (19 September 2009). "Album Review: The Beatles – Rubber Soul". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Beatles Songwriting & Recording Database: Rubber Soul". Beatlesinterviews.org. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Miles 1997, p. 272.
- MacDonald 2005, p. 178.