|Publisher(s)||LucasArts (North America)|
Atari Europe (Europe)
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox|
|Genre(s)||Strategy, action, party|
Thrillville is a PlayStation 2, Xbox and PlayStation Portable video game. It was made by LucasArts and Frontier Developments. Players make their own theme park. They make roller coasters, game stalls, rides, race tracks and food and drink shops.
Story[change | change source]
Uncle Mortimer, a strange scientist, puts the player in charge of Thrillville. It is a large theme park with roller coasters, games, rides, and racetracks. The player then picks a character. The character can be moved through each theme park. He must try to finish missions in the theme park before he can move on to the next one.
Garrison, another theme park owner, has his own theme park called Globo-joy. Globo-joy competes against Thrillville. The player must do difficult tasks to make Thrillville the best theme park.
Minigames[change | change source]
Thrillville has many minigames that can be played in the theme park, or with up to four other players.
- Entertainer: Players must hit the right button at the right time to make the cheerleaders dance to the music
- RC wars: Players must drive remote-control cars into each other, to try to make the other car explode.
- Event Horizon: Players can pick between four space ships. Each ship has a different weapon. The goal is to destroy the other ships.
- Robot Invasion, Hauntings, Pirate Raiders, and Wild Frontier: Players move around in a battle arena. They can shoot either the other players or robot enemies.
- Star Sniper, Ghoul Gunner, Blackbeard's Booty, and Prospect Stakeout: Players shoot targets that pop out of certain areas.
- Dune Buggy, Anti-Grav Racer, Go-karts, Monster Truck, and Formula Thrills: Players race to the finish on a race track.
- Trojan Quest: Players can pick between four heroes. Playes must kill skeletons and evil monsters.
- Luftwaffe 109: Players can pick between four airplanes. They must shoot down enemy airplanes.
- Trampolines: Players bounce on a trampoline, doing tricks in the air.
- Saucer Sumo: Players control a flying saucer and try to bump the other players off the edge of the ring.
- Saucer Soccer: Players control a flying car and try to get the soccer ball and shoot it into the goal.
- Minigolf: Players play a game of miniature golf.
- Sparkle Island: Players play as a cat-like hero and shoot blobs.
- Mechanic: Players arrange tubes to fit on a board. They have to connect one part of the board to another.
- Groundskeeper: Players suck up the trash and wash the vomit that has collected in the theme parks.
Thrillville: Off the Rails[change | change source]
Thrillville: Off the Rails was the second game of the series. It came out in 2007 for the PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable and Microsoft Windows. "Off the Rails" allows roller coasters to crash. It also added more minigames, characters with conversation skills amd more options. Off the Rails also added many songs including "Parklife" by Blur and "Smile (Lily Allen song)" by Lily Allen.