Fleischmann during a game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 9, 2012
|Born||May 16, 1984
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)|
|National team||Czech Republic|
|NHL Draft||63rd overall, 2002
Detroit Red Wings
Career[change | change source]
Before playing the NHL, Fleischmann played 2 seasons with Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League. He was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings with the 63rd overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. He never played with the Red Wings however and he along with draft picks were traded to the Washington Capitals for Robert Lang. He played 3 seasons in the AHL with their affiliate, the Hershey Bears. Fleischmann would play 6 seasons with the Capitals and was traded to the Colorado Avalanche for Scott Hannan on November 30, 2010. His season with the Avalanche was cut short when he was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli and had to miss the rest of the season.
On July 1, 2011, he signed a four-year contract worth $18 million with the Florida Panthers.
On February 28, 2015, he was traded from Florida to Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Dany Heatley and a draft pick in the third round of 2015 NHL draft . After the season he left the team as an unrestricted free agent. On September 13, 2015, he was invited through proffesional tryout to Montreal Canadiens camp  and on October, 4, 2015, he signed a one-year contract worth $750.000 .
References[change | change source]
- "NHL's leading scorer traded to Detroit". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-2-1. Check date values in:
- "Avalanche trade Scott Hannan to Capitals for Tomas Fleischmann". The Denver Post. Retrieved 2014-2-1. Check date values in:
- "Avs forward Tomas Fleischmann out for the season with pulmonary embolism". NBC Sports. Retrieved 2014-2-1. Check date values in:
- "Panthers sign Fleischmann, Jovanovski". CBC Sports. Retrieved 2014-2-1. Check date values in:
- "Trade to Anaheim".
- "PTO in Montreal".
- "New contract with Montreal".
- "Trade to Chicago".