May 16, 1984|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)|
|National team||Czech Republic|
63rd overall, 2002|
Detroit Red Wings
Tomáš Fleischmann (born May 16, 1984, in Kopřivnice, Czechoslovakia) is a former Czech NHL ice hockey left winger that played for the Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche, and Washington Capitals.
Career[change | change source]
Before playing the NHL, Fleischmann played 2 seasons with Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League. He was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings with the 63rd overall pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. He never played with the Red Wings however and he along with draft picks were traded to the Washington Capitals for Robert Lang. He played 3 seasons in the AHL with their affiliate, the Hershey Bears. Fleischmann would play 6 seasons with the Capitals and was traded to the Colorado Avalanche for Scott Hannan on November 30, 2010. His season with the Avalanche was cut short when he was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli and had to miss the rest of the season.
On July 1, 2011, he signed a four-year contract worth $18 million with the Florida Panthers.
On February 28, 2015, he was traded from Florida to Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Dany Heatley and a draft pick in the third round of 2015 NHL draft. After the season he left the team as an unrestricted free agent. On September 13, 2015, he was invited through proffesional tryout to Montreal Canadiens camp  and on October, 4, 2015, he signed a one-year contract worth $750.000.
References[change | change source]
- "NHL's leading scorer traded to Detroit". ESPN. 27 February 2004. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Avalanche trade Scott Hannan to Capitals for Tomas Fleischmann". The Denver Post. 30 November 2010. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Avs forward Tomas Fleischmann out for the season with pulmonary embolism". NBC Sports. 21 January 2011. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Panthers sign Fleischmann, Jovanovski". CBC Sports. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Trade to Anaheim".
- "PTO in Montreal".
- "New contract with Montreal".
- "Trade to Chicago".