Vokoun during his time with the Penguins on 18 January 2013
2 July 1976|
Karlovy Vary, Czechoslovakia
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|National team||Czech Republic|
226th overall, 1994|
Tomáš Vokoun (born 2 July 1976 in Karlovy Vary, Czechoslovakia) is an Czech retired professional ice hockey goaltender. He played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Montreal Canadiens, Nashville Predators, Florida Panthers, Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins. He was selected 226th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft. He also played for the Montreal Canadiens in 1996 and for the Nashville Predators from 1998 to 2006 before being traded to the Florida Panthers for a first-round selection in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, a second-round selection in the 2007 draft (number 58) and a conditional second-round selection in either 2007 or 2008. After 4 seasons with the Panthers, Vokoun signed a one-year contract with the Washington Capitals on 2 July 2011. He played 1 season with the Capitals and was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 7th round pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He also played in the ECHL with the Wheeling Thundbirds. He retired from playing professional ice hockey on 15 December 2014.
He won a bronze medal with the Czech Republic's national ice hockey team in 2006.
References[change | change source]
- "Capitals Sign Vokoun to One-year, $1.5M Contract". The Sports Network. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Penguins Acquire Goaltender Tomas Vokoun; Veteran Netminder Signs Two-Year Contract". NHL.com. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Longtime NHL goalie Tomas Vokoun retires". NHL. Retrieved 27 March 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tomáš Vokoun.|
- Tomáš Vokoun player profile at NHL.com
- Tomáš Vokoun career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database