Welcome to the Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia! Thank you for your changes. I hope you like changing pages here. Here are some pages that can help you make better changes:
You do not need to log in to read or change articles on the Simple English Wikipedia. However, making an account is quick, easy and free. It also gives you many benefits such as:
- A username of your choice.
- Your own user page and/or subpage(s)/sandbox(es)
- Other users can send you e-mails without knowing your address
- The ability to move (rename) pages
- The ability to mark an edit as "minor"
- The ability to change semi-protected pages
- The ability to vote in discussions
- Keep a watchlist to see changes made to pages you are interested in.
- You do not have to be confused on to whom any warnings are referring to.
You can click here to make an account, or log in on an existing by clicking here.
I hope you enjoy your time here. Please sign your comments on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~). This will make your IP address and the date show up on the page. If you decide to log in, your username and the date will show up instead. Again, welcome, and I hope you decide to stay! Kolva (talk) 04:30, 13 November 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the invitation, but as you can see in my most recent change I used to edit under a different IP at school. However thanks to a domain-ban I am no longer able to edit from school.
- About making an account I do not wish to make another since I had been involved in off-wiki drama based around my editing habits on Wikipedia and other WMF projects. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:38, 13 November 2021 (UTC)
June 2022[change source]
This is the only warning you will get. Your vandalism, for example the changes you made to Wikipedia:Conflict of interest, will not be allowed on Wikipedia. Although vandalizing articles on occasions that are days or weeks apart from each other sometimes stops editors from being blocked, your continued vandalism shows a long term pattern of abuse. The next time you vandalize a page, you may be blocked from changing Wikipedia without any more warnings. PotsdamLamb (talk) 18:22, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
- Why did I get an "only warning"? Although you did revert my change at WP:COI, you did label it as a "good-faith edit" in the reversion. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:25, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
- Because it is not a standard article and changes to guidelines and policies require consensus. I always start with AGF before I hit vandalism in the rollback itself. PotsdamLamb (talk) 22:30, 19 June 2022 (UTC)
- If this is a shared IP address, and you didn't make the change, consider creating an account so you won't get notices that are not for you.
Thank you for undoing a reported user's vandalism.[change source]
I had just reported that user at WP:VIP, but no one has blocked him/her yet. Camdyn Robertson (talk) 15:44, 22 October 2022 (UTC)
- No problem. I left a comment at VIP on more information I found regarding the user, including their previous vandalism at en. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:47, 22 October 2022 (UTC)
My IP got reset[change source]
Yep, it's me. My router had some problems so I reset the router to fix it, which ended up changing my IP. Thanks router for making it harder to track exactly how much work I did on Wikipedia. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:09, 27 December 2022 (UTC)
- I actually should create an account though. Maybe later. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:39, 27 December 2022 (UTC)
This is the discussion page for a person who has not created an account yet, or who does not use it.We have to use the numerical IP address to identify them. An IP address can be shared by many people. If you feel that things said here are not about you, you can create an account or log in to stop it happening again.