Hello! I noticed that you may have come here from another Wikipedia, so you know a little about how things work here. I hope you like it here and decide to stay! Here are some links to help you adjust:
- Writing in Simple English
- Where to ask questions and discuss things
- How to copy from another Wikipedia
- Some of our active users
There's a lot to do here. Most of it is writing articles that do not exist yet, which you can do by translating from other Wikipedias, but have a look around and see what you want to do. Thanks for joining us, and you know how to contact me if you need any help. Barras talk 19:23, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
Taxo names[change source]
Thanks for the bacteria pages! Rules for taxonomic categories are:
- The rules for italicisation are: only genus and species are italicised.
- The rules for capitalisation are:
- only species are lower case, genera and higher categories start with a capital letter
- higher categories with informal (not Latin) style are lower case. Thus "Dinosauria" but "dinosaurs".
- Thank you. I know this, so sorry if I had made an error. --Kogge (talk) 17:13, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Please remember to include categories[change source]
Hello, Kogge. Thanks for creating articles on bacteria. Please remember to include categories on the articles. I added categories to the ones I saw that needed them, but I'm not sure I got them all. Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions about this. --Auntof6 (talk) 18:42, 19 March 2015 (UTC)