|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
- @Wikicology: I looked at the article. It needs to be wikified, categorized, and simplified. Also, it isn't clear what "Fulani" is. --Auntof6 (talk) 16:25, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you. I'll look into it. BTW...Fulani is an ethnic group in Nigeria. Please, note that I have recreated Abolore Akande an article you speedy deleted. I am struggling to understand why you will speedy deleted an article that contains reliable sources without even informing the page creator. I'm not sure this is a good practice. I should have been informed of the deletion at least as a courtesy. Wikicology (talk) 09:32, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
- @Wikicology: That article was deleted because it didn't claim notability. It had references, but references alone don't show notability: they can only support or verify things in the text that claim notability. The new version of the article claims notability.
- As for your not being notified that the article was being deleted, I know that can be frustrating, but it was done in accordance with our quick deletion process. If you think that process should be changed, feel free to start a discussion about it. You aren't the first person to mention it, so the idea might get some support. --Auntof6 (talk) 09:57, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
how was your Easter[change source]
- @September 1988: It was fine, thanks. How was yours? --Auntof6 (talk) 01:03, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- Mine was nothing really special. Just visited some friends. Angela Maureen (talk) 01:07, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
Hello Auntof6,[change source]
I know I ask too many questions and sorry about that, but here is another one. I don't think I have seen such cases before but do we allow users to create userpages in names which are not their usernames like "User:Prasad Jivane"? I found this page in the New pages list, It was new to me so brought up here. The policy says none existing user, but the user is here, he has just used another name for himself. Thanks-BRP ever 05:10, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
- You can ask all the questions you want! To answer your question, there shouldn't be a user page for a user who isn't registered. Normally we would delete it, but in this case I think I'll move it to the user name of the user who created it. If you see other cases like this, you can QD them if you want, or ask an admin like you did here. --Auntof6 (talk) 05:22, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for reverting my edit to that redirect. I decided to give the Simple English Wikipedia a try on Huggle, and apparently the "report" feature doesn't work as it should. I'll refrain from using that to counter vandalism in the future. Thanks, Vermont (talk) 09:34, 9 April 2018 (UTC)
Thanks (2)[change source]
Hello Auntof6, thanks for the revert earlier. I was confused between Good Morning Good Morning song and that redirect and now when I looked into it again, I realized those two are different. So thanks-BRP ever 04:32, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
C'mon. This guy has spammed our wiki and yours. This is spam. I don't know the rules of your wiki; either delete it or nominate it through your process. Magog the Ogre (talk) 04:21, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
Deletion request[change source]
I accidentally created User talk:Inonge Wina when trying to move the draft to Inonge Wina I for to change from user selection to article selection. Thank you. Chabota (talk) 09:03, 12 April 2018 (UTC)
You state that the purpose of this Wikipedia is to "have articles in language that is simple so that people who don't know English well can understand", not reading at the level of a second grader. You can see that the changes I make are not unnecessarily complex or formulaic; anyone familiar with the English language would not have a problem understanding it. Look at the pages on Apollo or Zeus; they're practically full of "complex" text (Apollo's page is essentially a copy and paste of the original one from Wikipedia), yet you leave them be. In all honesty, I find the pages as they currently appear to be demeaning to the reader's intellect (why would one need to know that Kronos and Rhea are Hephaestus' grandparents, for example); that is why I am so adamant in my changes. I simply ask that you just look and compare my changes to these pages to the way they thy appear now and you'll see which one is more fitting.
New QD notice[change source]
- It !ooks like a duplicate of Template:QD-notice. I don't see why we'd need it. I think I'd RFD it so the creator would have a chance to say why it might be needed. --Auntof6 (talk) 03:31, 13 April 2018 (UTC)
Comment re my message to Chrisangelo23[change source]
Hi Auntof6. I'm sorry about my words on Chrisangelo23's talk page. I assumed (wrongly) that you were going to tear a strip off me for that, which is why I said I wouldn't retract my comment; I was actually a little surprised you sort of agreed with me! Thanks anyway. All I hope now is he reads the messages and reads the documents intended - hopefully he won't leave, but if he does, he does. DaneGeld (talk) 21:30, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- @DaneGeld: In the times I had a problem with something someone has said (and I honestly don't remember if it was you), it was more how it was said than what was said. In this case you were very upfront, but didn't say anything offensive or say it in an offensive way. We can be civil even when we're addressing problems, no matter how severe the problem. --Auntof6 (talk) 21:55, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi Admin[change source]
Hi @Auntof6: thanks for revewing my patroller request. I am happy with your desicion hope you will grant me that right in future but please can you take a look at my rollback request? I’ve requested for it. I hope you wont rejecet it too i’ve played good role to control vandalism too. Thanks ! MTKASHTALK Contribs 08:09, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi, Auntof6, checking in on upcoming school project[change source]
Thank you so much for always giving us wonderful feedback and assistance on our annual school projects. This year, on May 3 and May 8, we will be working on this project: Wikipedia:Schools/Projects/Notable Female Activists
As you are always active and helpful, I primarily wanted to let you know that we are getting underway.
Additionally, I have asked Peterdownunder (talk) if he would, once again, be our Ambassador (as I do not think you do that work, correct?), but I worry about the difficulty this places on him due to time zones. Our dates/times (May 3, 8-10pm GMT and May 8, 3-5pm GMT) are the middle of the night for him, I believe. I am not sure where you are located, but it seems you might be in time zones that are closer to working well with ours. If that is the case, I wonder if you might be able to help us (or suggest someone who we can ask to help) remain unblocked during the duration of our student work time? Our biggest roadblock is when someone blocks our IP address in the middle of class.
- @Castilibrary2: Welcome back! I am in the San Francisco, California area. I haven't been an official project ambassador before, but that doesn't mean I couldn't be. However, if you'd need me to be available during the specific hours you mention, I'd have to decline because I have other commitments at those dates and times. I should be available afterward each day, though. Just let me know how I can help.
- In case it's of interest, I have a personal subpage where I've listed things that are good to include in biographical articles. It's at User:Auntof6/What to put in a biographical article. Feel free to use any part of it that you think helpful. --Auntof6 (talk) 21:14, 22 April 2018 (UTC)