Viktor Tsoi in 1986
Viktor Robertovich Tsoi
21 June 1962
|Died||15 August 1990 (aged 28)|
Latvian SSR, Soviet Union
|Cause of death||Car crash|
|Resting place||Bogoslovskoye Cemetery, Leningrad|
Life[change | change source]
Tsoi was born and raised in Leningrad. He started writing songs when he was a teenager. He made lots of music - ten albums in total. After Kino was in the 1987 Soviet film Assa, it became very popular. This lead to Tsoi having a leading role in the Kazakh new wave art film The Needle.
In 1990, after their large concert at the Luzhniki Stadium. Tsoi moved to Latvia with another member of Kino, Yuri Kasparyan to work on Kino's next album. Two months after the concert in the Luzhniki Stadium, Tsoi died in a car crash. Tsoi and his music are still widely popular.
References[change | change source]
- Viktor Tsoi's biography at the website lichnosti.net
- "Виктор Цой в 25 фактах о нем – Rock Cult". Rock Cult (in Russian). Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "Cabaret Band Silver Wedding /Bellorussia/". Cabaret Band Silver Wedding /Bellorussia/ - Riga This Week. Archived from the original on 2 December 2017. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Retour en URSS : gloire du Soviet Rock et de Viktor Tsoï". Dispatchbox.net. 14 July 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Soviet Rock Idol Tsoi Celebrated in Google Doodle". En.rian.ru. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Viktor Tsoi's 50th Birthday". Google.com. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- Mark Zeigler (10 February 2014). "Viktor Ahn: For Russia, with love". Utsandiego.com.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Viktor Tsoi.|