Way of St. James
|UNESCO World Heritage Site|
|Official name||Routes of Santiago de Compostela: Camino Francés and Routes of Northern Spain|
|Inscription||1993 (17th Session)|
|Buffer zone||16,286 ha (62.88 sq mi)|
|Official name||Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France|
|Inscription||1998 (22nd Session)|
|Area||97.21 ha (0.3753 sq mi)|
The Way of St. James or St. James' Way (Spanish: El Camino de Santiago, French: Chemin de St-Jacques, German: Jakobsweg, Basque: Done Jakue bidea) is the pilgrimage route to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain. Tradition says that the remains of the apostle Saint James are buried there.
Other websites[change | change source]
Find more about
Way of Saint James
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|Travel guide from Wikivoyage|
|Data from Wikidata|
- "Looking For Infinity: El Camino" (2017) follows the ancient pilgrimage path of St James's Way. Described by the Blue Mountains Australia Supporters of the Camino as “A beautiful, sincere and gentle work for those who want to savour life and slow down to see it, Working on many different levels, the film provides insight into what attracts many people to undertake a Camino and what the words “freedom” and “simplicity” mean to them when coupled with “giving” to others and always receiving more than you gave." 
- Camino de Santiago Community dedicated to help pilgrims plan their trip
- Comeon.ws, detailed and accurate information about The Caminos and Albergues (GPS tracks, POIs, maps)
- Virtual Visit Archived 2010-09-24 at the Wayback Machine Cathedral Santiago de Compostela
- Camino de Santiago Backpacking Journals Follow hikers as they walk the Way of Saint James
- The Art of medieval Spain, A.D. 500-1200, an exhibition catalog from The Metropolitan Museum of Art Libraries (fully available online as PDF), which contains material on Way of St. James (p. 175-183)
- Free Guide for Hikers on the Way of St. James
- Walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostela First hand pilgrim advice for various European St. James pilgrimage walking routes
- App Mi Camino Archived 2014-09-06 at the Wayback Machine for Android SmartPhones
- Free Android app and maps for navigation to Camino de Santiago for Android SmartPhones
References[change | change source]
- "Mount Vicks Screening". Archived from the original on 2017-02-15. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "YouTube Trailer".
- "Looking For Infinity: El Camino Official Film Website".