Wii Sports Club
|Wii Sports Club|
|Developer(s)||Namco Bandai Studio|
Wii Sports Club is a sports video game for the Wii U. It has high definition remakes of the sports seen in the 2006 Wii video game Wii Sports which can each be downloaded separately from the Wii U's eShop service. The first two sports, bowling and tennis, were released in Japan on October 30, 2013, in Europe and North America on November 7, 2013, and in Australia and New Zealand on November 8, 2013. Other sports will be released at a later date.
Like in Wii Sports, players use the Wii Remote to make movements like the ones seen in the real-life sports, including tennis, bowling, baseball, golf, and boxing. However, like in Wii Sports Resort, the player has to use the Wii MotionPlus to play the game. Players can join clubs that are of different places around the world. They can play against people in the club. Players can talk to other players with messages and drawings from the Wii U GamePad.
References[change | change source]
- "Iwata Asks: Wii Sports Club". Nintendo of America Inc.
- "Wii Fit U Direct 2013.9.18 | Nintendo". Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- "Wii Sports Club | Wii U download software | Games | Nintendo". Nintendo of Europe GmbH.
- "NINTENDO GIVES PLAYERS THE CHANCE TO GET FIT FOR FREE WITH Wii FIT U FOR 31 DAYS". Nintendo Australia. 19 September 2013.
- Karmali, Luke (18 September 2013). "Wii Sports Club Announced For Wii U". IGN.
- Ashcraft, Brian (18 September 2013). "Wii Sports Goes HD with Wii Sports Club". Kotaku.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (18 September 2013). "Wii Sports Club is Wii Sports mini-games in HD for Wii U". Eurogamer.
- Gera, Emily (18 September 2013). "Wii U gets 5 online Wii Sports games with Wii Sports Club". Polygon.