Wikipedia:Help with media files
Some Wikipedia articles use sound files. The reason for this page is to tell how to play these files on your computer.
Wikipedia sound files can be played on almost all home computers. Your computer must have the right software. If your computer does not play these files when you click on them, you can get free software from the Internet. The list below shows software that can play Vorbis files.
- Illiminable.com/ogg has Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora codecs for all versions of Microsoft Windows (click on "Download Now"). After putting this on your computer, Windows Media player (and many other players) should play any .ogg file.
- MPlayer for Windows  can play .ogg files.
- jetAudio can play Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Theora files, and many others.
Unix (Including Linux, *BSD, Solaris, etc)[change source]
- libtheora  is required for Ogg Theora support. It comes with a demo video player (player_example).
- MPlayer  can play Ogg Theora files using a previously-built libtheora. Note: a prebuilt package (such as an RPM) may not include support for all codecs: consult the MPlayer documentation for instructions on compiling it yourself with appropriate codecs.
- Totem  is the default movie player in GNOME. It can also play music.