- Let's get started then. Please tell me a bit about yourself; Who are you, what do you do?
Hi, I'm Juliancolton. :) I'm an administrator at three Wikimedia projects; I passed simplewiki RfA in January, and since then I've edited near daily. My work here includes article-writing, vandal-fighting, and general maintenance work.
- Sounds cool, and quite busy! So what do you like most about Wikipedia?
That's a tough call. I've always liked the concept of spreading knowledge for free, and I especially enjoy collaborating with other editors on the project.
- Yes, I think that is one of the good things about Wikipedia, i know that i've certainly made lots of friends on it! So, when and/or how did you first find Wikipedia?
I was browsing an external site, and stumbled upon a link to the English Wikipedia. I found it to be very informative, and I typed a couple other things into the search box - I was amazed at the broad coverage the project had. After editing there for a couple years, I worked my way over to simplewiki, and the rest is history!
- So you've been around for quite a while then - what keeps you at Wikipedia?
Well, aside from what I mentioned above, I'm a true wikiholic. ;) More importantly, the work isn't going to do itself, so I like to help out.
- Ok. So what do you like the least about Wikipedia?
Well, it is a volunteer project, so it's not perfect.
- ok. is there one thing in particular you would like to change?
I think it would be nice if we could focus on making decent articles, rather than one-line stubs which basically repeat the title.
- Yes I agree on that too. Which reminds me, I need to go and do some more on Victoria Line! Ok, last question
- Is there anything you want to say, plug, shout out to etc?
Hmm, well, tropical cyclone articles need quite a bit of work, if anyone's interested. :)
- Thanks a lot for your time! I hope some people drop by soon!
Thanks for the interview!
Well thanks for that Julian! Look out for more QandA interviews in future editions!