Wild Fire (band)
Wild Fire during a live performance in October 2017.
|Members||Zack Sawyer |
|Past members||Taylor Roberts |
Wild Fire is an American rock band founded in Biloxi, Mississippi on November 5, 2015. The band consists of three members: Zack Sawyer on vocals, Wade Sigue on guitar and Tyler Voss on bass. The band released a single on November 5, 2015 called "Villain", which was later included in their debut album that was released on May 23, 2017 titled "Revolt." Revolt contains 15 tracks, one of them being a cover of Dr. Hook's Cover of the Rolling Stone, which was the final track of the album. The band's music is influenced by artists such as Korn, Incubus, Sevendust, Nothing More, Periphery, Twelve Foot Ninja, Avenged Sevenfold, and vocalist Zack Sawyer's past experiences. Wild Fire has been featured at 1065 Fest 2016, Rocklahoma 2017, Gulfport Music Fest 2017, and Inktober Fest 2017.
History[change | change source]
Wild Fire was founded on November 5, 2015 in Biloxi, Mississippi. Wild Fire is originally a transformation from a local band called "Cathercist," which was active for five years before Wild Fire was founded. The band released their first debut album titled Revolt on May 23, 2017. the lead single of the album is titled Villain, which is the band's most popular recording as of February 21, 2018, the music video of the song reaching over 4 million views on YouTube and streamed more than 600,000 times on Spotify. The single also peaked at number 82 of The Media Base Rock Charts in the 3rd quarter of 2017.
In an interview, when Roberts was asked about Villain, he said that the song was about being a villain after he hinted that he didn't write the song. he cited The Joker as an inspiration, saying that "there's always been something so fascinating about [Joker]. He's a villain you fall in love with and every now and again, you can find yourself in those same shoes, so his character becomes very relatable."
The band covered one of Dr. Hook's songs titled "Cover of the Rolling Stone", which is included in Villain. Sawyer revealed that his cousin, Ray Sawyer, is a member in Dr. Hook, and that he's been supportive through the recording process of his band's debut album.
the band started touring across the United States after the release of Revolt. They announced their first show on December 15, 2017, opening for Sleeping With Sirens in the House of Blues Parish Room in New Orleans. In early 2018, the band announced a free concert at the House of Blues alongside of Appetite for Destruction and a tribute band to Guns N' Roses. Sawyer revealed plans for a new record in summer 2018.
References[change | change source]
- "Wild Fire". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 17 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Wild Fire". www.wildfireofficial.com. Retrieved 17 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Villain". Retrieved 17 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Revolt". Retrieved 17 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Interview: Wild Fire". Archived from the original on 22 February 2018. Retrieved 21 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Wild Fire - "Villain"". Retrieved 21 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Coleman, Gene. "Third time's the charm for Wild Fire at Hard Rock Battle of the Bands". SunHerald. Retrieved 21 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)