Yo Gabba Gabba!
|Yo Gabba Gabba!|
|Created by||Christian Jacobs|
|Developed by||Kay Wilson Stallings|
|Presented by||Lance Robertson|
|Opening theme||Theme From Gabbaland|
|Ending theme||Bye Bye Time|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||66 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Polis|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2007-11)|
Nick Jr. (2011-15)
|Picture format||HDTV (1080i)|
|Original release||August 20, 2007 –|
November 12, 2015
Yo Gabba Gabba! is an American television show is an Nick Jr. from August 20, 2007 until February 2, 2009. It is shown on Nick Jr., on the Nickelodeon network. The program is about a colourful D.J. named DJ Lance Rock, and 5 toy monsters, who live in Gabbaland. In every program a band plays music. Most of the bands are famous indie rock acts, like for instance Arcade Fire and Enon.
The series was first shown on August 20, 2007 on Nick Jr. and began being shown February 23, 2008 on Noggin. A second series was shown in 2008.
Main Characters[change | change source]
- DJ Lance Rock, DJ and Creator of Gabbaland who can make the characters come to life by saying "Yo Gabba Gabba".
- Super Mr. Superhero, A superhero who helped protect a monster, showing that superhero’s can only defeat if they know they are evil.
Monsters[change | change source]
- Muno, An tall, red monster who is very friendly and a little clumsy. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Brobee.
- Foofa, An beautiful flower human-like creature who is quiet and loves unicorns. Her closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Muno, and Toodee.
- Brobee, An small, hairy green monster who is the youngest of the Gabbas at 3/4 years old. He is the Gabba Drummer. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Plex.
- Toodee, An dinosaur/dragon/rabbit hybrid who loves to have fun and ice-skate. Her closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Brobee.
- Plex, An magical robot who happily serves the Gabbas, but also has fun to pay off. He is the oldest and is the only Gabba Monster with no land. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Toodee, and Brobee.
Celebrity Appearances[change | change source]
- Lance Robertson, DJ Lance Rock (look above for more information)
- Biz Markie, A Beatboxer and Rapper who frequently appears for Biz's Beat of the Day.
- Mark Mothersbaugh, An artist in Yo Gabba Gabba who draws in every episode and his drawings come to life.
- Jack Black, A new friend of the Gabbas who is scared at first but then has a strong friendship with the Gabbas later.
- Jack McBrayer, A comedian who appears in the occasional Knock Knock Joke of the day.
- Erykah Badu, A very frequent singer and dancer in the show.
- Mos Def, Super Mr. Superhero (look above for more information)
- Fred Armisen, A rarely shown treasure hunter and crafter.
- Paul Scheer, A joker who made a brief cameo and Gabba Land and in New Friends was (along with Jack McBrayer) a member in Knock Knock Joke of the day.
- Carmen Osbahr, A puppeteer who plays as Muno's Sister.
- Drew Massey, Played as Brobee Cake in the episode Birthday.
- Rob Paulsen, Played as Muno in season 4 and was a guest on Dancey Dance Time.
- Cam Clarke, Was in the episode Restaurant, but wasn't seen.
References[change | change source]
- Schneider, Michael (September 14, 2010). "DHX Media acquires Wildbrain". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "OMDC Success Story: DHX Media". Ontario Media Development Corporation. Archived from the original on 2016-03-11. Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- "Nick Jr. Greenlights Second Season of Yo Gabba Gabba! and Orders 20 New Episodes of Critically Acclaimed Live-Action Preschool Music Series Archived 2009-01-11 at the Wayback Machine", PR Newswire, 18 December 2007