From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1720s 1730s 1740s – 1750s – 1760s 1770s 1780s|
|Years:||1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- The Seven Years' War (1756–1763) fought between two rival alliances: the first side was the Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover, and Prussia; the second side was Austria, France, Imperial Russia, Saxony, and Sweden.
- Gregorian Calendar accepted in Europe.
- The French and Indian War on the American Continent.
- Lisbon is destroyed by an earthquake.
- Great Upheaval: French settlers are moved out of Acadia by the British.
- The Battle of Plassey of 1757 in Bengal resulted in the beginning of British rule in India and the end of Indian independence.
- Betsy Ross, American seamstress
- Miguel Hidalgo, Mexican Catholic priest and revolutionary
- Marie Antoinette, Queen of France
- Johann Sebastian Bach, German musician
- King John V of Portugal
- Montesquieu, French writer
- Iyasus II, Emperor of Ethiopia