2006 in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- January 19 - The NASA spacecraft New Horizons has been launched for a journey to Pluto.
- January 25 - The planet OGLE-2005-BLG-390Lb has been found.
- February 1 - The dwarf planet Eris has been found to be bigger than Pluto.
- March 19 - total solar eclipse that could be seen in Brazil, Greece, Mid Atlantic ocean, Sahara, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Kazakhstan and Mongolia.
- June 30 - scientists have found 9 more Natural satellites of Saturn.
- August 24 - Pluto has been ordered as a dwarf planet instead of a planet.
- September 13 - 2003 UB313 has received the name Eris.
- May 14 - Robert Bruce Merrifield, chemist
- May 31 - Raymond Davis, Jr., chemist and physicist.
- August 9 - James Van Allen, American space scientist