From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||960s 970s 980s – 990s – 1000s 1010s 1020s|
|Years:||989 990 991 – 992 – 993 994 995|
By place [change]
- Boleslaus I becomes Duke of Poland.
- Battle of Conquereuil: Fulk Nerra defeats Conan I of Rennes, who is killed in the battle.
- Viking settlers start a mint in Dublin to make silver pennies.
- February 1 – Jawhar as-Siqilli, Fatimid politician
- February 29 – Oswald of Worcester, Archbishop of York and Bishop of Worcester
- May 25 – Mieszko I, duke of Polans
- Borrell II, Count of Barcelona
- Conan I of Rennes (in battle)