|Christie at the 2011 Time 100 gala.|
|55th Governor of New Jersey|
January 19, 2010
|Preceded by||Jon Corzine|
|United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey|
January 17, 2002 – December 1, 2008
|Nominated by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Robert Cleary|
|Succeeded by||Ralph Marra (Acting)|
|Member of the Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders|
January 1, 1995 – January 1, 1998
|Born||Christopher James Christie
September 6, 1962
Newark, New Jersey
|Spouse(s)||Mary Pat Foster (m. 1986–present)|
|Children||Andrew (b. 1993)
Sarah (b. 1996)
Patrick (b. 2000)
Bridget (b. 2003)
|Residence||Mendham, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||University of Delaware
Seton Hall University
Christopher James "Chris" Christie (born September 6, 1962) is an American politician. In 2010, he became the 55th Governor of New Jersey. He was the first Republican to win a statewide election in New Jersey in 12 years. Some people think Christie will be a leading candidate for the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016.
Christie was born on September 6, 1962 in Newark, New Jersey. He is of Irish-Scottish-Sicilian descent. Christie studied at the University of Delaware and at Seton Hall University. He has been married to Mary Pat Foster since 1986. They have four children.
References[change | change source]
- Resignation Letter from Christopher J. Christie to Michael Mukasey, dated November 17, 2008.
- Caitlin Huey-Burns. "10 Things You Didn't Know About Chris Christie - US News and World Report". U.S. News & World Report. http://www.usnews.com/mobile/articles_mobile/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-chris-christie-2. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Christie chats with Israeli Prime Minster Netanyahu, swarmed by fans, dated April 3, 2012.
- George Will (January 30, 2013). "Chris Christie, volcanic politics and Election 2016". The Washington Post. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-01-30/opinions/36646181_1_chris-christie-mitt-romney-governor.
- Susan Heavey (January 9, 2013). "New Jersey's Christie: likely "more ready" for president in 2016". Reuters. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/09/us-usa-politics-christie-idUSBRE9080NP20130109.
- Paul Steinhauser (November 10, 2012). "Analysis: It's never too early to talk about 2016". CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/08/politics/campaign-2016/index.html.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Chris Christie|
- Office of the Governor official state site
- Christie for NJ re-election campaign website
- Chris Christie Speech at the Reagan Library: Full Text, National Review, September 27, 2011