|Born||June 14, 1946
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Fordham University
University of Pennsylvania
|Occupation|| • Chairman and president of The Trump Organization
• Chairman of Trump Plaza Associates, LLC
• Chairman of Trump Atlantic City Associates
• Host of The Apprentice
|Net worth||$3.5 billion|
|Political party||Republican (Before 1999; 2009–2011; 2012-present)
Reform Party (1999–2001)
|Spouse||Ivana Zelníčková (1977–1992)
Marla Maples (1993–1999)
Melania Knauss (2005–present)
Donald John Trump, Sr. (born June 14, 1946) is an American businessman. Much of his money was made in real estate in New York City, Las Vegas, and Atlantic City. He owns the Miss Universe pageant. He was the star in his own reality show The Apprentice. Trump has talked about possibly running for President of the United States in 2012, but later decided against it.
Early life[change | change source]
Trump was born in Queens, New York City, New York. He is a son of Fred Trump, and his wife, Mary Anne (nee MacLeod), who married in 1936. His mother was born on the Isle of Lewis, off the west coast of Scotland. Donald was one of five children. Donald's oldest brother, Fred Jr., died in 1981 at the age of 43. Trump's paternal grandparents were German immigrants. His grandfather, Frederick Trump (ne Friedrich Drumpf), emigrated to the United States in 1885 and became a naturalized American citizen in 1892. Frederick married Elisabeth Christ (October 10, 1880 – June 6, 1966) at Kallstadt, Kingdom of Bavaria, Germany, on August 26, 1902. They had three children.
References[change | change source]
- "Jesse The Body Ventura bodyslams national Reform Party". CNN. March 13, 2000. http://articles.cnn.com/1999-10-25/politics/trump.cnn_1_reform-party-donald-trump-independence-party?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS.
- Griffith, Carson; Fischer, Molly (February 15, 2011). "President Trump? The Donald swapped party affiliations for potential presidential bid in 2009: doc". Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2011/02/15/2011-02-15_president_trump_the_donald_swapped_party_affiliations_for_potential_presidential.html.
- "Donald Trump switches party affiliation to independent". CBS News. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57347940-503544/donald-trump-switches-party-affiliation-to-independent/.
- Scottish Genealogy, Scottish Ancestry – Donald Trump Scottishroots.com. Retrieved January 9, 2014
- "Flashy Symbol of an Acquisitive Age: DONALD TRUMP". Time. January 16, 1989. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,956733-4,00.html.
- "Ancestry of Donald Trump - Trump Family Tree". Genealogy.about.com. http://genealogy.about.com/od/famous_family_trees/p/trump.htm. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Ancestry of Donald Trump". WARGS. http://www.wargs.com/other/trump.html. Retrieved January 9, 2014.