Faust (1926 movie)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Faust (1926)|
Faust is a 1926 German silent movie. It was directed by F. W. Murnau. It stars Gösta Ekman as Faust, Emil Jannings as Mephisto, and Camilla Horn as Gretchen. The story is about an old man who sells his soul to the devil. In return he becomes young again. The movie uses both traditional tales of Faust and Goethe's play. The movie was difficult and expensive to make. Faust was Murnau's last German movie. He moved to the United States to direct Sunrise. The "Bald Mountain" scene in the movie inspired the "Night on Bald Mountain" segment in Walt Disney's Fantasia.
References[change | change source]
- Eisner, Lotte H. 1973. Murnau. University of California Press. ISBN 978-0520024250.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Faust at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Stan Ambrose
- Faust at the Arts & Faith Top100 Spiritually Significant Films list
- Faust at AllRovi
- Faust on Youtube
- DVD review by Gary Johnson