From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
13 February 1903
|Died||4 September 1989 (aged 86)
|Notable award(s)||Académie royale de Belgique (1952)|
Georges Joseph Christian Simenon (French: [ʒɔʁʒ simnɔ̃]; 13 February 1903 – 4 September 1989) was a Belgian writer. He published nearly 200 novels and many short works. Simenon is best known as the creator of the fictional detective Jules Maigret.
Other websites [change]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Georges Simenon|
- Carvel Collins (Summer 1955). "Georges Simenon, The Art of Fiction No. 9". The Paris Review. http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/5020/the-art-of-fiction-no-9-georges-simenon.
- Centre d'études Georges Simenon et Fonds Simenon de l'Université de Liège
- Selected Bibliography & Selected Maigret films
- Simenon's Inspector Maigret - Includes complete bibliography & English translation checklist
- Simenon at New York Review of Books