Robert De Niro
|Robert De Niro|
De Niro at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival premiere of The Bang Bang Club
|Born||August 17, 1943
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||TriBeCa, Lower Manhattan|
|Citizenship||United States and Italy|
|Education||High School of Music Art|
|Alma mater||Stella Adler Studio of Acting|
|Occupation||Actor, director and producer|
|Home town||Manhattan, New York|
|Spouse||Diahnne Abbott (m. 1976–1988)
Grace Hightower (m. 1997–present)
|Children||6 (including Drena De Niro)|
|Parents||Robert De Niro, Sr.
Robert De Niro (born August 17, 1943 in New York City) is an American movie actor. His most well-known movies include Mean Streets (1973), The Godfather: Part II (1974), Taxi Driver (1976), The Deer Hunter (1978) and more recently Casino (1995) and The Good Shepherd (2006). De Niro has French, German, Dutch, Irish, and Italian ancestry.
Personal life[change | edit source]
Family[change | edit source]
In 1997, De Niro married actress Grace Hightower. Their son Elliot was born in 1998. The couple split in 1999. The divorce was never finalized and in 2004 they renewed their vows. In December 2011, they had a daughter, Helen Grace. She was born through a surrogate.
Awards and nominations[change | edit source]
Academy Award[change | edit source]
- Won: Best Supporting Actor, The Godfather Part II (1974)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Taxi Driver (1976)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The Deer Hunter (1978)
- Won: Best Actor, Raging Bull (1980)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Awakenings (1990)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Cape Fear (1991)
BAFTA Award[change | edit source]
- Nominated: Best Newcomer, The Godfather Part II (1976)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Taxi Driver (1977)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The Deer Hunter (1979)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Raging Bull (1982)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The King of Comedy (1984)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Goodfellas (1990)
References[change | edit source]
- Stated on Inside the Actors Studio, 1998
- "New York Real Estate – Prudential Douglas Elliman". Elliman.com. http://www.elliman.com/rad. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- "Toukie Smith and actor Robert De Niro become parents of twins". Jet. October 20, 1995. p. 36.
- "Drug allegations hit De Niro custody battle" July, 26 2001. The Guardian
- "Robert De Niro & Wife Welcome Baby Girl". People. December 23, 2011. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20556674,00.html. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "Robert De Niro and wife welcome a child via surrogate". Daily Mail (London). December 24, 2011. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2078244/Robert-De-Niro-68-wife-56-welcome-child-surrogate.html. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- De Niro welcomes another grandchild
- Drena De Niro expecting child 2003
- De Niro's daughter on him as a father and grandfather
- "De Niro has prostate cancer". BBC News. October 21, 2003. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/3209434.stm. Retrieved January 9, 2011.