From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ichikawa is a city in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. It is on the island of Honshū. It is just to the east of Tokyo. There are a lot of schools and universities there. Ichikawa station is between Koiwa and Motoyawata Stations on the Chūō-Sōbu Line.
Local attractions[change | edit source]
- Satomi-kōen is a historic park in the city. It is near Konodai station. There are lots of flowers in this park. Many tourists visit here every year. Akedo kofun is an historic tomb in the park.
Education[change | edit source]
Universities[change | edit source]
- Chiba University of Commerce
- Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- Wayo Women's University
- Showagakuin Junior College
Sister cities[change | edit source]
- Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia, from November 4, 1989.
- Gardena, California, USA from November 6, 1962
- Leshan, People's Republic of China, from October 21, 1981
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Rosenheim, Germany, from July 14, 2004.
- Wonju, South Korea
People from Ichikawa[change | edit source]
- Kuniko Inoguchi – Cabinet minister
- Michio Hoshino – photographer
- Yuki Abe – professional soccer player
- Atsuko Maeda – AKB48 singer
- Peter Takeo Okada – Roman Catholic Archbishop of Tokyo