Jennifer Lawrence at the 83rd Academy Awards
|Born||Jennifer Shrader Lawrence
August 15, 1990
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Years active||2006 - present|
Career[change | change source]
In 2010 Lawrence played Ree Dolly in Winter's Bone. In 2012 The Hunger Games was released. Lawrence played Katniss Everdeen in it. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire was released in November 2013. In 2013 she won an Oscar for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role. That year she also won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy.
Personal life[change | change source]
Lawrence is of English, Scottish, Irish and German descent. As of August 2013, Lawrence is dating X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past co-star Nicholas Hoult. The couple started dating in 2011 after filming X-Men: First Class, but ended their relationship in January 2013, after 2 years of dating. They reconnected 6 months later in July 2013, after filming X-Men: Days of Future Past together.
In May of 2014, it was announced that Jennifer would be expecting her first child.
Filmography[change | change source]
Film[change | change source]
|2008||The Poker House||Agnes|
|2009||The Burning Plain||Mariana|
|2010||Winter's Bone||Ree Dolly|
|2011||X-Men: First Class||Raven Darkholme / Mystique|
|2012||The Hunger Games||Katniss Everdeen|
|2012||House at the End of the Street||Elissa Cassidy|
|2012||Silver Linings Playbook||Tiffany Maxwell|
|2013||The Devil You Know||Young Zoe Hughes||Shot in 2007|
|2013||The Hunger Games: Catching Fire||Katniss Everdeen|
|2013||American Hustle||Rosalyn Rosenfeld|
|2014||X-Men: Days of Future Past||Raven Darkholme / Mystique||Post-production|
|2014||Dumb and Dumber To||Young Fraida Felcher||Cameo
|2014||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1||Katniss Everdeen||Filming|
|2015||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2||Katniss Everdeen||Filming|
Television[change | change source]
|2006||Monk||Mascot||Episode: "Mr. Monk and the Big Game"|
|2006||Company Town||Caitlin||Unsold TV pilot|
|2007||Cold Case||Abby Bradford – 2007||Episode: "A Dollar, a Dream"|
|2007||Not Another High School Show||Frantic Girl||Unsold TV pilot|
|2007–2008||Medium||Claire Chase / Young Allison||2 episodes|
|2007–2009||The Bill Engvall Show||Lauren Pearson||31 episodes|
|2013||Saturday Night Live||Host||Episode: "Jennifer Lawrence/The Lumineers"|
Awards and nominations[change | change source]
Lawrence has been the recipient of an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Award, four Critic's Choice Movie Awards, a Independent Spirit Award, a Venice Film Festival Award, a Palm Springs International Film Festival Award, a Saturn Award, a Satellite Award and several other awards. She was named the Associated Press' Entertainer of the Year for 2013.
References[change | change source]
- "Jennifer Lawrence Biography". Biography.com. http://www.biography.com/people/jennifer-lawrence-20939797. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- Ryder, Taryn. "8 Things You Didn’t See at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards". Yahoo!. http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/8-things-didn-t-see-2014-golden-globe-141037497.html. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Rivera, Zayda. "Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult reunite six months after split, are now 'fully back on'". NY Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/jennifer-lawrence-nicholas-hoult-reunite-report-article-1.1402902. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Chris E. Haymer (June 24, 2013). "Jennifer Lawrence's lost movie 'The Devil You Know' releasing after 7 years – Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/06/jennifer-lawrences-lost-movie-the-devil-you-know-releasing-after-7-years.html. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "Jennifer Lawrence's Big Break Was As A Mascot On "Monk" – CONAN on TBS". Conan. February 6, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgb0xoNzg5w. Retrieved December 15, 2013.
- "Jennifer Lawrence tops Miley Cyrus for AP Entertainer of the Year". Fox News Channel. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/23/jennifer-lawrence-tops-miley-cyrus-netflix-for-ap-entertainer-year-title/. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Jennifer Lawrence|