|This box shows the color salmon.
Salmon is a range of pale pinkish-orange to light pink colors, named after the color of salmon flesh.
The first recorded use of salmon as a color name in English was in 1776. 
Meaning of salmon [change]
- The color salmon is used to signify good health because salmon contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for you.
- The color pale salmon (shown below) represents finance because it is used as the color of the paper on which some economic newspapers like the Financial Times are printed (it is also the color of logo of the Financial Times website). Hence the economic press is sometimes termed the salmon press as opposed to regular general newspapers published on off-white colored newsprint.
Tones of salmon color comparison chart [change]
- Pale Salmon (Hex: #FFCC99) (RGB: 255, 204, 153)
- Light Salmon Pink (Hex: #FF9999) (RGB: 255, 153, 153)
- Salmon Pink (Crayola Crayon "Salmon") (Hex: #FF91A4) (RGB: 255, 145, 164)
- Light Salmon (web color) (Hex: #FFA07A) (RGB: 255, 160, 122)
- Medium Salmon (Hex: #FF8C69) (RGB: 255, 140, 105)
- SALMON (web color) (Hex: #FA8072) (RGB: 250, 128, 114)
- Dark Salmon (web color) (Hex: #E9967A) (RGB: 233, 150, 122)
- ↑ Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 203; Color Sample of Salmon: Page 43 Plate 10 Color Sample A7
Other pages [change]