|Directed by||Tony Scott|
|Produced by||Don Simpson
|Written by||Ehud Yonay
Jack Epps, Jr.
|Music by||Harold Faltermeyer|
|Cinematography||Jeffrey L. Kimball|
|Editing by||Chris Lebenzon
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Release date(s)||July 12, 1991|
|Running time||110 mins.|
Top Gun is a 1986 American action-drama movie set in San Diego, California. It was produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer and was directed by Tony Scott. Top Gun was released on May 16, 1986 in North America. The movie received positive reviews with a 45% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and Roger Ebert gave the movie a 2.5 out of 4 stars. The movie won an Academy Award in 1987 for Best Music, Original Song – Giorgio Moroder (music) and Tom Whitlock (lyrics) for the song "Take My Breath Away" and a Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Performance (Orchestra, Group or Soloist) – Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens for "Top Gun Anthem".
- Tom Cruise as Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
- Kelly McGillis as Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood
- Anthony Edwards as Lt. (j.g.) Nick "Goose" Bradshaw
- Val Kilmer as Lt. Tom "Iceman" Kazansky
- Tom Skerritt as Cmdr. Mike "Viper" Metcalf
- Meg Ryan as Carol Bradshaw
- Michael Ironside as Lt. Cmdr. Rick "Jester" Heatherly
- John Stockwell as Lt. Bill "Cougar" Cortell
- Barry Tubb as Lt.(j.g.) Leonard "Wolfman" Wolfe
- Rick Rossovich as Lt. (j.g.) Ron "Slider" Kerner
- Tim Robbins as Lt. (j.g.) Sam "Merlin" Wells
- Clarence Gilyard, Jr. as Lt. (j.g.) Marcus "Sundown" Williams
- Whip Hubley as Lt. Rick "Hollywood" Neven
- James Tolkan as Cmdr. Tom "Stinger" Jordan
- Adrian Pasdar as Lt. Charlie "Chipper" Piper
- Linda Rae Jurgens as Mrs. Metcalf
- Ron Clark as the Inquiry Commanding Officer
- Brian Sheehan as "Sprawl"
- Duke Stroud as "Air Boss Johnson"
- Randall Brady as Lt. Davis