|Full name||Vüqar Həşimov|
(#18 in the January 2013 FIDE ranking list)
|Peak rating||2761 (January 2012)|
Vugar Gashimov  born 24 July 1986 in Baku, is one of the leading chess grandmaster from Azerbaijan. He is a noted player of bullet chess (2/3 minutes a side), and three times Azerbaijani national chess champion (1995, 1996 and 1998).
He is a two-times winner of the colossal Cappelle-la-Grande Open: in 2007 and 2008 (with other players).
Team competitions[change | edit source]
Gashimov played for Azerbaijan in the Chess Olympiads of 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008. He played in the gold medal-winning Azerbaijani team at the European Team Chess Championship in Novi Sad in 2009, alongside Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, Teimour Radjabov, Rauf Mammadov and Gadir Guseinov, previously winning the bronze medal in 2007.
References[change | edit source]
- Azerbaijani: Vüqar Həşimov
- "Gashimov, Vugar". FIDE. 2008-04-16. http://grandprix.fide.com/vugar-gashimov.html. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- "Ilya Smirin wins Acropolis 2007". ChessBase News. 26 August 2007. http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4073. Retrieved 2008-04-10
- OlimpBase Men's Chess Olympiads Vugar Gashimov
- Сборная Азербайджана стала чемпионом Европы по шахматам (Russian)
- Gold for Azerbaijan and Russia in Novi Sad