From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Latin alphabet|
X is the twenty-fourth (number 24) letter in the English alphabet. It sometimes makes a sound like ks (for example exit, next, fox), or if it is at the beginning of a word, it makes a sound like zzz (for example, xylophone).
Meanings for X[change | edit source]
- In a general sense, X means something is unknown or secret, as in project X.
- X is also used often to show kisses, usually at the end of a letter or text message.
- In clothing X is used as a short letter for extra, such as XXL for extra-extra-large.
- In Roman numerals, X means ten.
- In internet terms, XXX indicates adult material, as in An XXX site.
- In "x-ray", X stands for "xero", which stands for "xerographic".