|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||998 999 1000 – 1001 – 1002 1003 1004|
|Ab urbe condita||1754|
|Balinese saka calendar||922–923|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚子年 (Metal Rat)|
3697 or 3637
— to —
辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
3698 or 3638
|- Vikram Samvat||1057–1058|
|- Shaka Samvat||922–923|
|- Kali Yuga||4101–4102|
|Japanese calendar||Chōhō 3|
|Minguo calendar||911 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1312/1313 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1543–1544|
1127 or 746 or −26
— to —
1128 or 747 or −25
1001 (MI) was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Julian calendar, the 1001st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 1st year of the 2nd millennium, the 1st year of the 11th century, and the 2nd year of the 1000s decade.
Events[change | change source]
- Grand Prince Stephen I of Hungary is named the first King of Hungary by Pope Silvester II.
- Canonisation of Edward the Martyr, King of England.
- Robert II, King of France marries for the third time to Constance Taillefer d'Arles.
- Khmer king Jayavarman V is succeeded by Udayadityavarman I and/or Suryavarman I.
- Otto III, Holy Roman Emperor has Charlemagne's vault opened (see Aachen Cathedral).
Births[change | change source]
- King Duncan I of Scotland, Scottish royal (died 1040)
Other[change | change source]
- The first reference is made to Khotyn, Ukrainian town, and to Nyalka, Hungarian village, as to Chimudi.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Khotyn". Antychnyi Kyiv (in Russian). Archived from the original on May 13, 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-28.