Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1000 1001 1002 – 1003 – 1004 1005 1006|
Events[change | change source]
- Sweyn I of Denmark begins his first invasion of England.
- Humbert I becomes the first count of Savoy.
- King Robert II of France invades Burgundy, but fails.
- Pope John XVII succeeds Pope Silvester II.
- Pope John XVIII succeeds Pope John XVII.
- Boleslaus I of Poland becomes duke of Bohemia and Moravia.
- Battle of Albesa: Muslim forces of the Caliphate of Cordoba defeat the northern Christian armies of León, Pamplona and Castile.
Births[change | change source]
- c.December 25 – Edward the Confessor, King of England and founder of Westminster Abbey in London (died 1066)
- date unknown
References[change | change source]
- Boissonade, B. (1934). "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique. 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.