|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1000s 1010s 1020s – 1030s – 1040s 1050s 1060s|
|Years:||1030 1031 1032 – 1033 – 1034 1035 1036|
Year 1033 (MXXXIII) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- February 2 – Conrad II, Holy Roman Emperor, becomes King of Burgundy.
- Panic spreads throughout Europe that the end of the universe may be near, on the supposed 1,000th anniversary of the crucifixion of Christ, due to some unusually harsh spring weather. The Book of Revelation predicts the end of the earth after a 1000 year period.
Births[change | change source]
- Saint Anselm of Canterbury, Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 1109)
- Cheng Yi, Song Dynasty China Neo-Confucian philosopher (d. 1107)
- King Donald III of Scotland, Scottish royal, brother of King Malcolm III of Scotland (d. 1097)
- Robert I, Count of Flanders, nobleman (d. 1106)
Deaths[change | change source]
- Ibno Al-Thahabi, Spanish Moorish encyclopedist
- Queen Cunigunde of Luxemburg