|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1030s 1040s 1050s – 1060s – 1070s 1080s 1090s|
|Years:||1061 1062 1063 – 1064 – 1065 1066 1067|
Events[change | change source]
By area[change | change source]
Americas[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
- The Seljuk Turks storm Anatolia, taking Caesarea and Ani, marking the beginning of Turkish invasions into Anatolia.
Europe[change | change source]
- June 9 – Coimbra is taken by King Ferdinand of Castile.
- European warriors go to Spain to participate to the siege of Barbastro. This expedition is approved by the Pope and is now regarded as an early form of Crusade.
- Harold II is shipwrecked at Ponthieu, Normandy and taken captive by Count Guy.
- Construction of the Duomo at Pisa in Tuscany begins.
Births[change | change source]
- Borivoj II of Bohemia, a Duke of Bohemia
- Robert Fitz Richard, a Norman landowner in England
- Niels of Denmark, a King of Denmark
Deaths[change | change source]
- Abu Muhammad 'Ali ibn Ahmad ibn Sa`id Ibn Hazm
- Ottokar I of Styria
- Rabbi Yaakov ben Yakar
- Yi Yuanji – Chinese Northern Song painter famous for his realistic paintings of animals (b. 1000)
References[change | change source]
- McGrank, Lawrence (1981). "Norman crusaders and the Catalan reconquest: Robert Burdet and te principality of Tarragona 1129-55". Journal of Medieval History. 7 (1): 67–82. doi:10.1016/0304-4181(81)90036-1.