Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1050s 1060s 1070s – 1080s – 1090s 1100s 1110s|
|Years:||1086 1087 1088 – 1089 – 1090 1091 1092|
Events[change | change source]
By area[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- Northumbria is divided by the Normans into the counties of Northumberland, County Palatine of Durham, Yorkshire, Westmorland and Lancashire.
- August 11 – A powerful earthquake is recorded in Britain.
- June 22 – Gaston IV of Bearn and the Frankish crusaders take the Aragonese city of Monzón from the emir of Zaragoza.
By topic[change | change source]
Religion[change | change source]
- Cîteaux Abbey, the first Cistercian monastery, is founded in southern France.
- The Synod of Melfi under Pope Urban II issued decrees against simony and the clerical marriage.
Births[change | change source]
- date unknown
Deaths[change | change source]
- May 24 – Lanfranc, Archbishop of Canterbury
- May 31 – Sigwin von Are, Archbishop of Cologne
- September 29 (or 30) – Theobald III, Count of Blois
- November 11 – Saint Peter Igneus, Italian Benedictine monk