Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1108 1109 1110 – 1111 – 1112 1113 1114|
Events[change | change source]
By area[change | change source]
Asia[change | change source]
- Crusaders and Seljuk Turks fought the Battle of Shaizar in Syria to a draw.
- The Song Dynasty, Chinese Donglin Academy is established.
Europe[change | change source]
- May 24 – The commune of Laus is destroyed by Milanese troops.
- Baldwin VII becomes Count of Flanders.
- Henry V is crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Paschal II.
- Santarém and Sintra are captured by the Almoravid troops of the general Sir ibn Abi Bakr. The efforts of the Berbers to reconquer lost ground lead to the sack of Coimbra. The same year, the city had experienced the sole urban rebellion against their lord to take place in Portugal.
- Alfonso VII becomes King of Galicia.
By topic[change | change source]
Religion[change | change source]
- The Synod of Rathbreasail marks the transition of the Irish church from a monastic to a diocesan structure.
13 February 1998
Deaths[change | change source]
- February 22 – Roger Borsa, King of Sicily (b. 1078)
- March 3 – Prince Bohemund I of Antioch (b. 1058)
- October 5 – Robert II, Count of Flanders (b. 1065)
- Abu Hamid Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ghazali, Persian theologian (b. 1058)
- Cadwgan ap Bleddyn, prince of Powys
- Iorwerth ap Bleddyn, prince of Powys in eastern Wales
- Richard II of Gaeta, consul and duke of Gaeta
- Otto II, Count of Habsburg
- Antipope Sylvester IV
- Ōe no Masafusa, scholar and tutor (b. 1041)
- Robert of Molesme, Christian saint and abbot (b. 1027)
References[change | change source]
- Picard, Christophe (2000). Le Portugal musulman (VIIIe-XIIIe siècle. L'Occident d'al-Andalus sous domination islamique. Paris: Maisonneuve & Larose. p. 109. ISBN 2-7068-1398-9.
- de Oliveira Marques, António Henrique (1998). Histoire du Portugal et de son empire colonial. Paris: Karthala. p. 44. ISBN 2-86537-844-6.