|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1112 1113 1114 – 1115 – 1116 1117 1118|
1115 (MCXV) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
Events[change | change source]
- Clairvaux Abbey is founded by St. Bernard.
- Anselm of Laon becomes archdeacon of Laon.
- Hugh of St. Victor joins the Victorines in Paris.
- Pierre Abélard becomes canon of Notre Dame de Paris.
- Stephen of England becomes count of Mortain.
- Battle of Welfesholz: Lothair I of Supplinburg defeats Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor.
- Arnulf of Chocques is accused of sexual relations with a Muslim woman, and is briefly removed from his position as Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem.
- The Jurchen start the Jin Dynasty of China.
- The Crusader castle of Montreal is built by Baldwin I of Jerusalem.
- Roger of Salerno's Crusaders stop the Seljuk Turks at the Battle of Sarmin in Syria.
- The Mixtec lord Eight Deer Jaguar Claw is defeated in battle and sacrificed by a group of city-states led by his brother-in-law
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- July 24 – Matilda, Countess of Tuscany (b. 1046)
- November 8 – Godfrey of Amiens, bishop of Amiens and Catholic saint.
- Adela of Flanders, queen of Denmark, regent of Apulia
- Thierry II, Duke of Lorraine
- King Olaf Magnusson of Norway (b. 1099)
- Eight Deer Jaguar Claw, Mixtec ruler