Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1130s 1140s 1150s – 1160s – 1170s 1180s 1190s|
|Years:||1161 1162 1163 – 1164 – 1165 1166 1167|
Events[change | change source]
- Count Henry I of Champagne marries Marie de Champagne.
- Uppsala is recognized as the seat of the Swedish metropolitan.
- Antipope Paschal III elected by cardinals supporting Frederick Barbarossa.
- Olaf II of Norway is canonized as Saint Olaf.
- Archbishop Rainald of Dassel brings relics of the Magi from Milan to Cologne.
- Thomas Becket contends with Henry II, leaves England to solicit support from the Pope and the King of France.
- The first written record of Tver