|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1150s 1160s 1170s – 1180s – 1190s 1200s 1210s|
|Years:||1183 1184 1185 – 1186 – 1187 1188 1189|
Events[change | change source]
- John the Chanter becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- January 27 – Constance of Sicily marries Henry (the future Henry VI, Holy Roman Emperor).
- The Byzantine Empire recognises the indepence of Bulgaria.
- Guy of Lusignan becomes King of Jerusalem.
Births[change | change source]
- May 18 — Konstantin of Rostov, Prince of Novgorod (d. 1218)
- Queen Urraca of Portugal spouse of King Afonso II of Portugal (d. 1220)
- Hugh Bigod, 3rd Earl of Norfolk (d. 1225)
- Iziaslav IV Vladimirovich, Grand Prince of Kiev
- Ögedei Khan, third son of Genghis Khan and second Great Khan of the Mongol Empire (d. 1241)
- Song Ci, Chinese physician and judge (d. 1249)