|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1340s 1350s 1360s – 1370s – 1380s 1390s 1400s|
|Years:||1369 1370 1371 – 1372 – 1373 1374 1375|
Events[change | change source]
- In this year, the city of Aachen, Germany begins adding a Roman numeral Anno Domini date to a few of its coins. It is the first city in the world to do so.
- The French & the Castilians defeat the English in the naval Battle of La Rochelle. The French gain control of the English Channel for the first time since 1340.
- 4 year old Muhammad as-Said succeeds his father, Abu l-Fariz Abdul Aziz I, as Marinids Sultan of Morocco.
- Welshman Owain Lawgoch makes a second attempt to take the throne of Wales from the English. Whilst attacking the island of Guernsey, Owain abandons the invasion in order to fight the English at the Battle of La Rochelle.
- Newaya Maryam succeeds his father, Newaya Krestos, as ruler of Ethiopia.
- Peace declared between the Kingdom of Sicily and the Kingdom of Naples.
- The Kingdom of Chūzan (now in southern Japan) enters tributary relations with Ming Dynasty China.
Births[change | change source]
- March 13 – Louis of Valois, Duke of Orléans, son of king Charles V of France (died 1407)
- Makhdoom Ali Mahimi, Sufi saint from India
- Princess Beatrice of Portugal, future Queen of Portugal and Queen-consort of Castile (died 1410)