|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1400s 1410s 1420s – 1430s – 1440s 1450s 1460s|
|Years:||1434 1435 1436 – 1437 – 1438 1439 1440|
Events of 1437[change | change source]
- Foundation of All Souls College, University of Oxford.
- Ulugh Beg's Zij-i-Sultani star catalogue is published.
- Kazan Khanate is established.
- Edinbourgh is made the capital of Scotland.
|Ab urbe condita||2190|
|English Regnal year||15 Hen. 6 – 16 Hen. 6|
— to —丁巳年十二月初五日
|- Vikram Samvat||1493–1494|
|- Shaka Samvat||1359–1360|
|- Kali Yuga||4538–4539|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyō 9
|Minguo calendar||475 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1980|
Births[change | change source]
- October 4 – John IV, Duke of Bavaria
- date unknown – Isaac Abrabanel, Jewish statesman (died 1508)
- probable – Elizabeth Woodville, Queen consort of King Edward IV of England (died 1492)
Deaths[change | change source]
- January 3 – Catherine of Valois, queen of Henry V of England (born 1401)
- February 21 – King James I of Scotland (b. 1394)
- June 10 – Joanna of Navarre, daughter of Charles the Bad, King of Navarre (born 1370)
- November 20 – Thomas Langley, cardinal bishop of Durham and lord chancellor of England (born 1363)
- December 9 – Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1368)
- date unknown