The 1690s was a decade that began on 1 January 1690 and ended on 31 December 1699.
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1660s 1670s 1680s – 1690s – 1700s 1710s 1720s|
|Years:||1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends[change | change source]
- Thomas Neale designed Seven Dials
- The Salem Witchcraft Trials are held in Massachusetts Bay Colony (1692).
- Dutch explorer Arnout Vielle discovers the first trade route down the Ohio Valley, New York Colony financed and profitable (1692).
World leaders[change | change source]
- King Christian V of Denmark (1670–1699).
- King Frederick IV of Denmark (1699–1730).
- Queen Mary II of England and Scotland (1689–1694).
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689–1702).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643–1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658–1705).
- Tsar Ivan V of Russia (1682–1696).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682–1725).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665–1700).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660–1697).
- King Charles XII of Sweden (1697–1718).